Site Safety Manager
Hairlosstreament has an opening for a Site Safety Manager for a project in the metro-Boston area. The successful candidate will administer and manage an Environmental Safety and Health program while fostering an incident and injury free safety culture. The Site Safety Manager will assure compliance with Tocci’s overall safety procedures. This position reports to the Director of Safety. The successful candidate will work on one project site 100% of their time.
- Works with the Construction Managers to administer, direct, and oversee compliance with Environmental Safety and Health policies and procedures. This position is responsible for the overall safety procedures on both a project specific
- Establishes and conducts effective worker orientation programs.
- Oversees project safety training policies and implementation. Ensures all employee certifications and training meet or exceed all required local, state, and federal requirements and industry best practices.
- Makes decisions related to work stoppage when circumstances are related to an immediate danger to life and health on the project.
- Recommends and implements corrective action based on policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Administers the project’s Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace Policy.
- Builds working relationships with all regulatory agencies to promote safety and loss prevention.
- Implements the site-specific safety programs as required and ensures subcontractor compliance with Program standards and all applicable safety codes and regulations.
- Implements and manages the project safety incentive programs. Manages the project safety budgets.
- Analyzes safety performance metrics, reviews incident reports and near miss reports to make recommendations for improvement over baseline.
- Reviews construction manager safety programs for completeness. Participates in review of subcontractor safety programs as part of Tocci’s subcontractor pre-qualification program.
- Conducts safety audits, issues report of violations and requires immediate corrective action
- Conducts 7-step incident review meetings
- Attends construction manager led preconstruction meetings for major work packages on the project.
- A minimum of a four year degree in Safety and Health, or equivalent is preferred.
- A minimum of five years of safety experience and a demonstrated knowledge of environmental health and safety policies and procedures
- Familiarity with or experience working on a US Army Corps of Engineers project
- ASP/CSP certification desirable
- OSHA 30 certification and EM 385-1-1training required
- Demonstrated leadership in managing project construction safety
- Experience working within and fostering an incident and injury free culture
- Integrity + good humor + solid team player
- Ability communicate clearly to a diverse workplace
- Excellent technical skills using leading construction software applications
Tocci provides a supportive business environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits package.
Please submit résumés to [email protected]
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.