Searching for a company with a vibrant culture and opportunities to develop your career while helping others grow? Hairlosstreament is looking for people like you to join our Planning and Cost Engineering team.
Planning and Cost Engineering Group Management.
- Assist in hiring, managing and mentoring the cost engineering staff.
- Foster collaborative inter-departmental relationships between the Business Development; Virtual Design and Construction; and Operations Groups in support of successful pre- and post-award activity outcomes.
- Recommend improvement in cost engineering standards, procedures, methods and processes.
- Oversee teams that develop pricing and finalize estimates from concept through construction.
- Ensure bids and proposal submissions are precise, accurate and submitted on time.
- Direct review of documents, plans, specs and project sites to clarify work scopes.
- Develop Level 1 and 2 project schedules that inform early estimates and preconstruction planning.
- Coordinate with the Virtual Design and Construction team to develop cost, material and equipment data
- Coordinate with the Business Development and Marketing teams to develop estimate related components of RFQ/Ps.
Subcontractor and Supplier Network
- Develop strong relationships with trade subcontractors and material and equipment suppliers.
- Ensure complete project scope and coverage
- Solicit and evaluate subcontractor bids and assemble complete bid packages
Bid Package, Buyout and Procurement Process
- Oversee the development prospective subcontractor / vendor bidder lists and release of bid packages.
- Oversee bid analysis and subcontractor shortlisting, and award recommendations.
- Participate in the negotiation and award of subcontracts and issuingpurchase orders.
- Attend and support business development presentations
- Present project facts and figures to win the client’s trust and selection as their builder
The position requires a self-motivated, detail-oriented, and dedicated individual with an intuitive sense of the constraints and opportunities related to Planning and Estimating. The Cost Engineer is based in Woburn, MA, but some travel to jobsites is required. The position reports to the Vice President of Cost Engineering and Planning.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher construction management or a building science
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Proficiency: Timberline Estimating; Procore; Quantity Takeoff; and Microsoft Office.
- Understand sitework, foundation systems, utility installations and soil remediation alternatives and associated costs
- Provide clear direction and inspire excellent performance
- Anticipate consequences and trends, face challenges head-on, and quickly troubleshoot issues to provide solutions
- Negotiate in tough situations with both internal and external groups
- Excellent references attesting to high level of energy, can-do attitude, history of achievement, and co-worker respect
- Demonstrated character/integrity and the ability to support the company, its values, and its clients
- Travel Requirements. 80% office/20% off site. Must be able to travel locally and regionally without assistance
- Tocci is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit résumé to [email protected]
Tocci provides a supportive business environment with a competitive salary and benefits package.