Superintendent | MA
We are looking for progressive Superintendents.
We have transformed project delivery by using Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) and building information modeling (BIM) tools. We have openings for Senior Project Managers and Superintendents eager to join BIM staff to use BIM in the daily life of projects. The successful professional has core construction skills as well as the zeal required to utilize 3D, 4D and 5D tools on job sites.
The Superintendent is the key team member who leads all day to day job-site activities and assures all safety and code requirements are met for projects ranging from $10M to $125M. This position requires leadership, communication, management systems and problem solving. The successful candidate will work with executive management, project managers, assistant project managers and project support staff to deliver on company promises to clients for progress, completion and quality. He/she will be an adept liaison to owners, architects and subcontractors and will inspire subcontractor and vendor performance and excellent workmanship. Using state-of-the-art management systems, the successful candidate will use his/her experience/knowledge to motivate the team and provide exemplary customer service while keeping the project on-time/in budget.
These positions are not for people looking to preserve the status quo. Please contact us if you have the energy to learn these skills and the passion to change this noble but stoic industry.
Positions are available for projects in the Northeast US. Project mix includes urban and suburban multi-family, hotel, office, retail, mixed-use, and healthcare.
- Lead subcontractor work assuring compliance with budget, schedule, quality and execution in accordance with OSHA regulations and building codes
- Set and inspire high expectations for quality work execution from subs
- Participate in the company’s evolution toward LEAN Construction through planning for extraordinarily synchronized delivery and installation
- Meet all interim milestones
- Forecast problems and fix them
- Ensure product delivery pipeline is being managed properly for on-time delivery of all materials
- Assume full responsibility for final close-out and completion
- Work with municipal authorities to assure construction meets code and all permits including occupancy permits are obtained on-time
- Assure all subcontractor compliance with safety program through daily inspections
- Preside at weekly Subcontractor coordination meetings
- Dare to exceed expectations
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) in civil engineering, construction management or related field
- Seven (7) to twenty (20) years of related experience
- Familiar with Procore, MSOffice, Timberline and SureTrack (or equivalent systems)
- Strong desire to learn Building Information Modeling tools such as Revit, Graphisoft, Microstation, Navisworks
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to provide clear direction and inspire excellent performance to achieve interim and final milestones
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate consequences and trends, face challenges head-on and quickly troubleshoot team, product or resource issues
- Proven ability to make the right decisions under pressure
- Proven ability to negotiate with directness and skill in tough situations while maintaining relationships
- Excellent references attesting to high level of energy, can-do attitude, history of achievement and co-worker respect
- Demonstrated character/integrity: commitment to support the company, its values, and fellow employees while maintaining a constant focus on exceeding customer expectations
- Competitive salary commensurate with knowledge, skills, abilities and experience
- Travel allowance
- Competitive benefits package
If you’re interested in this position, please provide a résumé and cover letter . Tocci is an equal opportunity employer.