Tocci, a leading New England commercial construction company, is looking for talented superintendents to join our team. By choosing Tocci you’ll join a team of professionals using advanced technology and lean construction techniques to deliver exceptional buildings and an exceptional construction experience. Superintendents at Tocci lead all day-to-day construction activities on projects in multi-family, hospitality, office, retail, mixed use and health care markets.
- Lead subcontractor work assuring compliance with budget, schedule, quality and execution in accordance with OSHA regulations and building codes
- Set and inspire high expectations for quality work execution from subs
- Participate in the company’s evolution toward LEAN Construction through planning and coordination
- Meet all interim milestones
- Forecast problems and fix them
- Ensure product delivery pipeline is being managed properly for on-time delivery of all materials
- Assume full responsibility for final close-out and completion
- Work with municipal authorities to assure construction meets code and all permits are obtained
- Assure subcontractor compliance with safety program through daily inspections
- Preside at weekly Subcontractor coordination meetings
- exceed expectations
- Bachelor of Science in civil engineering, construction management, architecture, or equivalent.
- Experience: 7+ years supervising commercial construction projects or multiple concurrent valued $20m+
- Leadership: provides clear direction, inspires excellent performance, mentors team
- Character/integrity: supports company values and fellow employees while maintaining a constant focus on exceeding customer expectations
- Trustworthy: strong relationship building skills fosters client trust
- Alert: anticipates outcomes, faces challenges head-on, resolves issues quickly
- Decisive: makes sound decisions to expedite the project
- Direct: negotiates skillfully in tough situations while maintaining relationships
- Hungry: desires to learn technology tools such as Revit, TotalStation, Laser Scanning
- Respected: excellent references attesting to high level of energy, can-do attitude, history of achievement and co-worker respect
- Familiar with Procore, MSOffice, Timberline and SureTrack (or equivalent systems)
- Duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk, hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud. This is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis.
Tocci offers a competitive salary and benefits package. We encourage professional growth and support continued learning through training and individual development programs. Company Life at Tocci offers opportunities for socializing and giving back by sharing time, resources and money. Tocci is an equal opportunity employer.
If you’re interested in this position, please provide a résumé and cover letter , or email [email protected]