Assistant Project Manager
We are looking for an Assistant Project Manager. The Assistant Project Manager supports the Project Manager and Superintendent for assigned projects. Primary responsibility: administering the submittal, request for information, documentation management and close-out processes; and progress reporting for these activities. Other duties assist pre-construction planning, buyout, scheduling, change orders, commissioning and turnover, and meeting coordination.
- Submittal Management: Oversee the identification, logging, tracking and distribution of submittal items; and expedite the review, approval and close-out process.
- Request for Information (RFI) Management: Log, track and distribute RFIs; and expedite the response, decision notification and close-out process.
- Documentation Management: Log new drawings and sketches; maintain the office stick set; and coordinate with the field to assure that office and field stick sets are reconciled.
- Close-out Management: Oversee the close-out process. Develop a checklist of requirements; request and receipt of close-out materials including As-Built documentation, warranties, guarantees, operations manuals and service/maintenance data, scheduling systems training, and distribution of close-out materials to the Owner and others.
- Reporting: Provide monthly and on-request reports on submittal, RFI and close-out status.
- Log New Drawings + Sketches: Maintain the office set and coordinate with the field to assure both sets are reconciled.
- Subcontractor Selection: Assist in evaluating subcontractors for work.
- Buyout: Assist in negotiating contracts or purchase orders with subcontractors and vendors.
- Schedule Development: Secure subcontractor or vendor lead, delivery and installation time information to support development of project schedules.
- Meetings: Contribute to weekly and monthly project meetings.
Desired Skills + Expertise
- Proficiency in Procore and Microsoft Project, Word and Excel.
- Familiarity with Revit, Navisworks and Timberline Estimating.
- Good hearing and vision skills (aids that provide reliable normal hearing and/or vision are acceptable). Ability to navigate construction sites and sit, stand and/or walk for lengthy periods of time. Must be able to travel to the office, project sites and stakeholder facilities.
Education + Experience
- B.S. in construction management, architecture, building engineering or equivalent. Commitment to on-going professional development.
- 3+ years construction industry experience; internships may be included.
Competitive salary and benefits.
If you’re interested in this position, please send an email to [email protected] with your resumé and cover letter. In the subject line include Assistant Project Manager, so we know which position you are applying for.
Tocci is an equal opportunity employer.